IPPA Purpose and Benefits
IPPA (Intermountain Professional Photographers Association) is an affiliate of the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and was established for the Intermountain Region which includes Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming. IPPA was established in 1954 and exists primarily to:
- develop, improve, promote and advance the photographic industry and the photographic profession;
- to develop, improve and promote good relations with the consuming public;
- to create, foster, promote, and maintain cordial relations, cooperation and interchange of thought, opinion, and information among its members;
- to oppose the violation and infringement of rights of professional photographers in their products;
- to encourage pride in the photographic profession;
- to enhance the prestige of the photographic profession;
- to promote and encourage sound business methods and practices, having to do with the activities of the association and the members thereof;
- to work for the fair treatment of the photographic industry by governmental agencies;
- and to stimulate and promote the general interest of the members of the corporation.
“Intermountain Professional Photographers Association” is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization.
See also: Wedding Photography Tips