We all know a Pinterest-worthy engagement pic when we see it. Perfect lighting, a beautiful setting, and a dazzling couple; it’s all there. But no two engagement pics are the same! They’re all unique, and we have a few tips for you that will help you get the perfect engagement pics, for you! @joniirenephoto @kaitlynadairphotography @joriirenephoto
- Wear comfortable clothes
- There’s nothing worse than taking time to adjust your clothes between pictures. Wearing the right outfits can take unnecessary time out of your session and make the posing easier and natural.
- Make a day of it
- A common piece of advice from wedding photographers is to make the engagement photo session a part of a day-long date! It’s the best way to really enjoy one another’s company, and the mood will already be set.
- Pick a setting that means something to you
- There’s no shortage of scenery when it comes to engagement pics. Just make sure that you choose the right one for you and your partner. If you’re an adventurous couple, do something outdoors! If you prefer a cozier setting, a coffee shop or a book store might be perfect for you. Don’t be afraid to choose somewhere with sentimental value, but don’t limit yourself! Beautiful engagement pics can happen anywhere.
- Work around the sun
- If your engagement session will be outdoors, make sure you time it with the sun to capture the mood of your pics. Many photographers suggest having the session during golden hour, the time of day before the sun sets, which will give you a beautiful, golden glow to work with. Keep in mind that the early afternoon may be difficult, since the sun’s light will be much harsher during that time.
No matter what your vision is for your engagement photos, you can enhance it with the right preparation and planning. For more wedding photography inspo, head over to our Pinterest board and get ideas for engagements, bridals, and more!
What is your favorite wedding engagement photo tips??