Our wedding planning is almost over. We actually get married in one week from today. We can’t wait to show you how everything turns out – whether it’s all perfect or if some things fall through – we’re showing it all!
We actually get married in one week from today, but this will be our last post because we won’t be posting the day we get married (we’ll be a little busy). However, I’m having a co-worker post everything from the wedding day as soon as we get the pics and video, so definitely stay tuned for that. We can’t wait to show you how everything turns out – whether it’s all perfect or if some things fall through – we’re showing it all! In fact, our wedding videographer, Nathan Pickett, is going to be with us the ENTIRE day filming everything from morning preparations to the very end of the reception. So that will be fun to see how the whole wedding day plays out!
Below you’ll find some gems I’ve recently discovered, such as color trends and a cool 3 box organization system. And of course, you’ll also find our video of the week, bullet point list of everything we’ve done and our vendor list. If you want to know anything else, we’re happy to tell. As for now, wish us luck on our new adventure!
Color Trends for spring 2014:
If you are a trendy person, check out the trending colors for the upcoming spring season from Pantone. This is a great source to see what they predict will be the most popular colors in the world of fashion – kind of fun to see and get a head start on these colors before anyone else grabs hold.
3 Box Organization System (Maybe 4 box):
This 3 box system is working really well for us so I figured I’d share. We have 3 boxes – one box for wedding morning preparations (things we’ll need for the sealing/ceremony such as Michael’s ring, all of my jewelry, anything for pictures, etc…), one box for reception things (decor, signs, pictures, etc…), and one box for honeymoon packing (I’m packing everything because I’m moving into Michael’s home so this box is nice to keep all my honeymoon packing in one place before I put it in my suitcase). Michael just suggested we make a 4th box for the wedding dinner. We’ll need to bring a few things to that as well so it’s a good idea.
So far this box system is nice because we’ll have everything in its respective box ready for the proper event – this way we won’t have to dig through everything in one location to find what we need for that specific event. Here’s hoping it really works as well as I’m visualizing.
Reality and Stress:
There is no doubt trying to figure everything out for a wedding can be overwhelming and at times a little frustrating. When things don’t work out in the proper time frame or they don’t turn out as perfect as you hoped, it can be a letdown. BUT like I’ve said in so many words in past blogs: most of these things don’t even matter because the most important thing is going to happen (the marriage ceremony) and that is what makes us happy.
I’ve also mentioned before how important it is to just have fun and forget planning the wedding every once in a while. For some people this might make them more stressed, just because their personalities are more the type of needing to have it all figured out as soon as possible, but I would honestly encourage everyone to just stop, every so often. Michael reminds me of this a lot and I’m sooooo grateful!
- 2nd Wedding Dress fitting! It fits perfectly! I pick it up on Saturday!
- Got adhesive fashion tape to keep my dress in the right places.
- Haircut and styling discussion with my lovely hair dresser, Lynette, from Artistic Hair. Going with some curls and a fun pin-up on one side.
- 4 boxes – 1 for wedding dinner materials, 1 for wedding day preparations (things I’ll need for the ceremony and morning of), 1 box for the reception things (decor, signs, etc…), 1 box for honeymoon packing.
- Found Michael’s tux!! Woo just in the nick-of-time! They need a good week to do the adjustments so we barely have enough time!
- Moving – I’ve moved most of my things to the house now. It’s just mostly the bigger items and my everyday things I need to move next week.
- Painting frames and making signs for reception decorations – we bought a ton of frames at the Deseret Industries at a super cheap price. We just cleaned them up and painted them. These will hold most of our pictures at the reception and our quotes. We bought 10 4Ã–6 frames and 3 larger frames of varying sizes and coloring books for the children’s play room all for just $25!
For additional info and the video, go to